Enable Inline Help for SharePoint Online in the VisualSP AppNotes:
You will need to be a SharePoint Tenant Administrator in Office 365 (meaning you can administer SharePoint Online in your organization) to be able to install this app.
inline help directly in the SharePoint Online interface
Installing VisualSP full trust proxy appThe full trust proxy app enables the in-context inline help in the VisualSP app you already have installed. It provides your SharePoint end users support and training where and when they need it most directly within the SharePoint Online interface! Following steps are performed at the SharePoint Online Administration screen in Office 365 to install the VisualSP app proxy.
- Download the VisualSP App Proxy app to your hard drive. Note: In case it gets downloaded as a .zip file, please rename the extension for the file to .app
- Navigate to the app catalog in SharePoint Online administration, then click on ‘Apps for SharePoint’ in side navigation.
- Upload the app proxy file downloaded earlier to this library.
- You will need to install/add the Proxy app only in the app catalog site to establish trust between your tenant and the app. From Settings menu (gear icon) on the top right, select ‘Add an app’.
- Select the app titled ‘VisualSP Help System for Office 365 Full Trust Proxy’.
- Click on the ‘Trust It’ button and wait for the app to finish installing. No further action necessary here after app is installed.
- Now, navigate to any one of your SharePoint site collections in SharePoint Online.
- Make sure you have the VisualSP Help System app installed from the app store. If not, please search for it in the SharePoint app store and install it.
- Click on the ‘VisualSP Help System for Office 365’ app in side navigation bar. Then click on the ‘Manage Settings’ tab.
- Turn ON the ‘VisualSP Inline Help’ and ‘VisualSP Inline Help for Site Collection’ options.
That’s it. You’re good to go! Inline help should start appearing in your sites automatically.
Want more info or a demo for the app? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to help!