Installing VisualSP App and the App ProxyInstructions (available below in both text and video) to install the VisualSP App in your SharePoint tenant
Following steps are performed at the SharePoint Online Administration screen in Office 365. Alternatively, you can also watch the video that follows that shows the entire install process.
- Download both VisualSP App and VisualSP App Proxy to your hard drive. Note: In case they get downloaded as .zip files, please rename the extension for each file to .app
- Unless you already have it, you will need to create an App Catalog type of site collection (easier than it sounds really..) in your tenant.
- In the app catalog, click on ‘Apps for SharePoint’ in side navigation.
- Upload both app files downloaded earlier to this library.
- You will need to install/add the Proxy app only in the app catalog site to establish trust between your tenant and the app. From Settings menu (gear icon) on the top right, select ‘Add an app’.
- Select the app titled ‘VisualSP Help System for Office 365 Full Trust Proxy’.
- Click on the ‘Trust It’ button and wait for the app to finish installing. No further action necessary here after app is installed.
- Now, navigate to any one of your SharePoint sites in SharePoint Online.
- From Settings menu (gear icon) on the top right, select ‘Add an app’.
- Select the app titled ‘VisualSP Help System for Office 365’.
- Click on the ‘Trust It’ button and wait for the app to finish updating.
- Click on the VisualSP Help System app once installed and start helping your end users!
Want more info or a demo for the app? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback and Comments
We would Love to hear your feedback and comments. Please let us know by filling out this quick survey what you like and how we can improve. Thanks!