It’s time to modernize your compliance training program
VisualSP helps you evolve from compliance training to compliance learning
Regulatory compliance can make or break your organization.
One of the biggest trends of the digital age is the growing complexity of regulation. Whether the topic is online privacy, harassment, record retention, sanctions compliance, anti-trust, anti-money-laundering, or a host of other areas – organizations across all industries must continually revise their policies and train their users to understand them so they can make the right decisions day to day.
Regardless of how brilliant your organization’s ideas, how innovative its technology, or how solid its business plan – how it handles compliance matters can determine its eventual success or failure, all by itself. It picks winners and losers every day.
Compliance by the numbers
Companies state that keeping policies current with changing regulations is their number one challenge
Companies have an advanced compliance and ethics training program
Companies rate their compliance and ethics training programs as basic or reactive
Companies in the U.S. have faced 7-digit fines for HIPAA compliance problems since 2016
In addition to fines for non-compliance – the associated loss of credibility in the market can be debilitating. In some cases, employees and individuals in leadership positions are personally prosecuted for lapses in compliance. According to the Harvard Business Review of March, 2018 – culpability is frequently determined based on how effective the organization’s compliance training program is.
Compliance and Policy Adoption
How to build and maintain an effective online training program.
How effective is your compliance training program?
How confident are you that you’re doing all you can to train your employees to make good decisions?
Your answer matters – a lot.
Close the gap between compliance policies and actual compliance
Sending large employee populations through traditional training courses on complex topics is not very effective.
This is a lesson that the technology industry has had to learn.
Do you remember what was in the last SharePoint or Dynamics training course provided at your company? Probably not. It simply isn’t in your focus area, so you weren’t very interested and couldn’t relate it enough to your daily tasks to retain it.
The same answer probably applies to most attendees for your compliance training courses. One popular study suggested that adults learn as little as 10% from formal training, with the other 90% coming from informal methods and hands-on work.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t train your employees. It means you need to adapt and supplement your methods. To have real effects on employee performance, your compliance training program must also deliver relevant compliance guidance regularly and on-demand using informal training elements such as performance support, micro-training, and in-context delivery.
Micro-training in Context – The Path to Faster Digital Adoption and Compliance
How Digital Workplaces Can Ensure Regulatory Compliance
You can do this, here’s how we’ll help
VisualSP is uniquely positioned to help you evolve beyond traditional compliance training to a modern policy adoption program
You need to provide a simple, consistent help experience across web applications
Guidance filtered to show only what’s relevant in the current application
A help gallery where users can search across all applications
Help icons inserted within menus, buttons, and other elements in their tools to answer questions as they occur naturally
Popup messages for important reminders
You need to easily create your own help content without a dev team
A centralized point-and-click authoring tool where you can curate and create tailored guidance based on your own policies in a variety of formats.
You need reliable expertise to transform your policies and guides into microtraining