Cheap Thrills in SharePoint
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to use SharePoint Designer workflows to automate document creation
- How to use SharePoint Calendars to create a great scheduling and resource reservation system
- and much more…
This course is applicable to both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.
This workshop is intended for enterprise architects and content managers to address real-world needs for document creation automation using SharePoint Designer workflows and creation of a great scheduling and resource reservation system using Sharepoint Calendars. In this session Ira Fuchs will demonstrate some of the truly useful, valuable and easy things you can do with SharePoint that address real-world needs that will thrill people and make you look like a hero. The two solutions that this session will cover are:
1. Automating Document Creation Using a SharePoint Designer Workflow and Content TypesWe will investigate the capabilities of SharePoint Designer workflows and SharePoint Content Types to automate document creation; that is, the automated creation of documents based on templates that will have information inserted into them by the workflow. There are numerous use cases for this requirement and elegant solutions can be created in just hours.
2. How to Create a Great Scheduling and Resource Reservation System Using SharePoint CalendarsEvery organization needs a flexible and scalable system for reserving and scheduling shared resources such as conference/meeting rooms and audio/visual equipment. SharePoint provides great capabilities for this type of application, but they are hidden away. This series of videos will demonstrate how to activate and implement the extended SharePoint calendar features and functions that can be deployed anywhere quickly and easily. This is a jam-packed class with Lots of real world information and demonstrations taught by Ira Fuchs, SharePoint Technical Specialist at Microsoft, and author of the book “SharePoint Cheap Thrills” and other books.
Watch these video samples from the DVD:
- Training from actual SharePoint professionals and instructors
- Videos cover skills on Automating Document Creation using a SharePoint Designer Workflow and content types.
- Full of Demos of the functionality.
- This video package can be downloaded immediately after purchase.
|SP13-314 SharePoint 2010 & 2013: Cheap Thrills in SharePoint DVD|
|Level: Intermediate||Approx Time: 3.5 hrs|
|SharePoint Videos||Duration (mm:ss)|
|1||SharePoint cheap thrills class overview||How to use SharePoint document creation automation, scheduling and resource reservation system.||11:04|
|2||Automatic document creation workflow||Demonstration and workflow in creating documents automatically.||11:49|
|3||Applying special metadata to Content Types||Adding additional metadata to a Content Type using two different approaches.||7:15|
|4||Content Types behaviors||Applying and managing behaviors to a Content Type after adding the metadata.||5:57|
|5||Using a Library for Content Types||The role of a Library and the essential settings for propagating the changes created in a Content Type.||12:53|
|6||Creating a Document Library||The support of Content Types and the application of Templates.||7:07|
|7||Creating a workflow Part 1 – document instance||How to automatically create an instance of a document using SharePoint Designer.||3:45|
|8||Creating a workflow Part 2 – a simple Action||Establishing a simple Action by creating a List Item and creating initiation form parameters.||14:16|
|9||Creating a workflow Part 3 – list of Libraries with Site Workflow||Associating a site workflow with a list of Libraries and running the workflow to create a document.||6:51|
|10||Creating a workflow Part 4 – another Action example||Running another action example and getting the letter and the email generated.||23:07|
|11||Generating multiple documents from a List||How multiple documents are created automatically and simultaneously working from a list.||13:29|
|12||Custom Action and Managed Metadata||How to create a custom action to initiate multiple workflows and define fields as Managed Metadata.||17:27|
|13||Questions & Answers Part 1 – Site Workflows, reusable Workflows, etc.||Insight on how to start a site workflow in SharePoint 2010; creating a reusable workflow; and more.||6:22|
|14||SharePoint Calendars Part 1 – scheduling & resource reservation system||How to Create a Scheduling and Resource Reservation System Using SharePoint Calendars.||21:53|
|15||SharePoint Calendars Part 2 – Resources & Calendar views||Using the Resources List, changing the Content Types, creating Resources Groups and customizing Calendar Views.||13:45|
|16||SharePoint Calendars Part 3 – multiple Calendars & Calendar overlays||Making use of Calendar Overlays, monitoring multiple user Calendars, and more.||16:52|
|17||Questions & Answers Part 2 – Outlook integration, Group Calendar, etc.||Discussion on SharePoint Calendar link with Outlook, sharing resources functionalities, group calendar features and more.||8:59|